Call 540.443.9966 for more information or to schedule your home's energy audit.
CERTIFY YOUR EXISTING HOME AS AN ENERGY STAR® HOME!
We are proud to be a participating contractor with the Home Performance with ENERGY STAR® program and offer you the option of enrolling in this certification opportunity.
WHAT IS THE PROGRAM AND HOW DOES IT HELP YOU, THE HOMEOWNER?
The ENERGY STAR® label is everywhere -- on appliances, computers, and TVs -- but what about the home itself? Home Performance with ENERGY STAR is the first certification available in Southwest Virginia for existing homes that reduce energy use by 20% or more.
This label verifies that your home is a superior performer in the neighborhood, with lower utility bills, greater comfort, and higher values in the real estate market. BPI certified contractors working in conjuction with the Department of Energy and the LEAP organization
are the only ones designated to issue this certification in the Roanoke and New River Valleys.
TO GET STARTED
- Receive an Energy Check Assessment - Clipboard or Comprehensive Energy Audit - and a cost estimate for your home energy upgrade.
- Let us know you are interested in the program and receive a complimentary evaluation of projected savings for recommended work.
- Fill out the one page Home Performnce with Energy Star Enrollment form (found below) and return to Energy Check.
- Get the work done have a quality assurance review. In some cases that will be an third party inspection of the work in your home.
- Receive your Home Performance with ENERGY STAR certification and yard badge.
Homeowners may become enrolled in the program at no cost or commitment. For most Energy Check clients, this program means receiving valuable certification for simply for making improvements you planned to make anyway. Through the "staged retrofit" approach, you receive credit for improvements you make over time, meaning that a 10% improvement this year and a 10% next year earns your home the official Home Performance with Energy Star certification. And, you can rest assured the job is done right with one of the certified participating home performance contractors andfree third-party quality assurance program.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM CERTIFICATE
The Home Performance with ENERY STAR certification is a no-brainer for homeowners who plan to make energy upgrades. The official certificate is recognized by Realtors, appraisers, and buyers as the only way to verify lower utility bills and greater comfort. You also get a Home Performance with ENERGY STAR yard badge that signifies your improved home and reduced energy consumption!